The reasons for the increase in the prices of cardboard packaging.
We are currently observing a significant increase in the prices of raw materials needed in all branches of production. Fuel, heating and electricity costs soared, forcing producers to raise prices to keep companies profitable. The aforementioned macroeconomic factors, combined with a high demand for cardboard products, increase the prices of cardboard packaging. In addition, the shortage of raw materials such as paper pulp or waste paper used to produce packaging are the main reasons for the increasingly expensive packaging.
- The reasons for the increase in prices.
- How to minimize losses?
The reasons for the increase in the prices of cardboard packaging
1. The huge and rapid growth of e-commerce in recent months has contributed to a greater demand for cardboard packaging – and this has resulted in a shortage of supplies. Much of the sales has moved to the Internet. Packaging was in fourth place among the most desirable products on the market in the third quarter of 2021. The demand for corrugated cardboard boxes increased by over 300% compared to the previous quarter.
2. This, in turn, has led to an increase in demand for transport services. This sector of the economy was not ready for such a significant increase in sales volume, which resulted in a huge increase in prices.
3. Logging has become much more expensive than last year. Thus, the pallets most often used for the transport of packaging – also set new records in demand, and thus an increase in the prices of logistics services.
4. Shipments of new cartons are largely dependent on the recycling of old ones. The radical increase in the cost of purchasing waste paper, the basic raw material for the production of paper used in the production of packaging board, is another factor in the price increase.
5. Due to the increase in energy prices, production becomes more expensive, but the same applies to materials – including one of the basic raw materials of the logistics chain, i.e. paper pulp used for the production of packaging. Cardboard boxes are a product whose production is particularly affected by material shortages all over the world.
6. Last year’s lockdown translated into increased sales of furniture, household appliances and electronics, and these industries often use cardboard packaging
Act to minimize losses
We offer our clients a solution that can save them from logistic problems or even stopping production.
First of all, do not hesitate to order the products necessary for your business. Ordering packaging in advance – no matter how large your order is – is one of the key methods that will allow you to avoid unpleasant surprises and logistical hassles. Orders placed in advance will allow you to estimate the demand and make it easier to obtain the right amount of cardboard to ensure continuity of production.
Bet on proven, cardboard and packaging manufacturers with an established position on the market, with a wide network of paper suppliers. Choose a perfectly matched packaging – well-designed without unnecessary material surpluses and not generating waste is a profit for your wallet and the natural environment.